Working families often struggle to make ends meet and, for many families, child care is out of reach because of the cost. CRR offers several financial assistance options, or subsidy, programs to qualifying families on a non-discriminatory basis.
The main subsidy programs that CRR administers are funded through the California Department of Education. We offer programs and services to eligible families without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or mental or physical disability. Information pertaining to families served is confidential and will be used for program administration purposes only.
How Subsidized Child Care Works
- A family applies to CCRC for a subsidized child care payment program.
- If the family qualifies, they complete the enrollment process.
- The family chooses a child care provider.
- CRR reimburses the provider on behalf of the family.
- Be aware that the requested rate provided may not be the rate that is reimbursed.
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT PROGRAM (APP)
- Funded by the State of CA
- Reimburses the child care costs
- A “need” must be identified such as; work, school, job seeking or another approved activity identified in the California Education Code.
CalWORKs: STAGE 2 & STAGE 3
- APP Stage 2 begins when the parent’s employment and child care arrangements are “stable”.
- Families may remain in Stage 2 for 24 months after they stop receiving CalWORKs cash assistance.